San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick is refusing to stand for the national anthem prior to games, saying he didn’t want to “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.” While Kaepernick’s protest has made major headlines, it’s not actually the only protest going on right now. Here are some other examples of lesser known player protests:
* To show his solidarity with the”All Lives Matter” movement, Tim Tebow plans to protest by actually playing.
* To do his part to help protect potential victims of domestic violence, Greg Hardy is going to lock himself in a panic room and throw away the fucking key.
* Jamaal Charles swears to God he’s going to start dropping a’s from his name every month until CBS cancels that new Kevin James show.
* To protest the Native Americans who take offense at the nickname “Redskins,” Daniel Snyder is going to keep doing what he’s been doing.
* During his 4 game suspension for the Deflategate fiasco, Tom Brady will protest his own actions by sitting at home, not getting his ass beat each week, and having sex with his Brazilian supermodel wife. Wait…guys, I don’t think this is really a punishment
* To protest his many injuries, Tony Romo plans to ah damn it, he just got injured again.
* Until Giants haters acknowledge the “Helmet Catch” wasn’t just luck but a great play, Eli Manning has pledged to keep wearing that weird, confused look on his face.
* To protest the lack of a competent commissioner, all NFL players plan to continue taking whatever arbitrary punishment Roger Goodell hands them until they get railed again on the next CBA.
* The Minnesota Vikings want to show they do not support child abuse despite the fact that their best player, Adrian Peterson, abused a child. To do so, they’re going to introduce a new mascot: Switchy, a giant tree branch who will chase Peterson around the sideline during timeouts trying to hit him in comical skits while the Benny Hill music plays. So far it has not tested well.
* Johnny Manziel is going to protest the league blacklisting him by doing a shot every NFL completion this year. This one isn’t a protest. He’s got a serious problem. For real, someone needs to help this young man.